Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas with the Family

Christmas dinner at my oldest brother's home. 12 (+2) out of 18 present. Eighteen, that's the current number in our family to date. Paw Paw, Nanny, 4 siblings, 3 in-laws and 9 grand kids. With two pending weddings the number is growing. We enjoyed turkey and rack of lamb. My hat is off to my niece and nephew who I am told did all of the cooking. (They are also the two that are engaged, my niece's wedding is set for November 2009 and no date yet for my nephew's) Everyone had a nice time eating and visiting and eating.

Saturday, December 27. Lunch at my sister's home. 18 (+5) of 18 present. Thanks to Nanny and Paw Paw for the delicious bar b que. Two years ago we started a tradition of "Dirty Santa" for exchanging gifts. What fun!! We pick numbers and #1 goes first, they open the gift of their choosing and we're off and running. When it's your turn you can open a new gift or take one that has already been opened. If someone takes your gift you get to either take someone else's or open a new one and on and on we go. It really is a lot of fun and you learn how heartless your family can be when it comes to getting just the right gift. Of course it's all in a loving spirit. :)

So now Meghan has returned to her home, 50 miles away, and Hannah is busy taking down her tree at home, 1.2 miles away and the house is quiet........again. We will enjoy the slow pace of the next week before returning to work on the 5th of January. I can't wait to see what 2009 has in store for us.

Publish Post

No comments:

Post a Comment