Friday, January 23, 2009

What a day........

These are my magic shoes. They don't really help me run very fast, as they are not running shoes, but, they are RED and I love the color RED!!! So I wear my magic shoes to work on days when I know it wouldn't take a lot for things to go wrong. You know those days when you have a lot to do and you really don't even feel like being at work. So I put on my shoes and headed out. Things had to get done today and I was on day number 5 without my work keys. I am really lost without those keys. In over four years I had never lost my work keys. Then it happened. Right before our Holiday break I could not keep up with my keys. I was having to use Rachael's all the time. It didn't seem to bother her much but, it drove me crazy!! Then again this week I lost them! Well, once again Tom's my hero. After looking in my car millions of times he took pity on me and checked it out himself. Guess what he came in with.

Rachael said it best, "tell Tom we love him."


Also today, without explaining the whole long story, here's an email exchange between me and a salesmen:


From: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 3:47 PM

To: XXXXXXX

Subject: Hey

Checking to see if you needed any toner cartridges?

Sincerely,





I replied:


From: XXXXXXX

Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 4:09 PM

To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Subject:RE: Hey

Funny story, I spoke to you over a month ago when you called to say that you would be visiting our campus. I told you how the toner cartridges in my printer, the ones from your company, had leaked out on to the printer image transfer kit, for the second time and you told me you would come clean the printer and I could order more toner at that time. I’m still waiting for your visit. In the mean time I ordered toner from XXXXXXX.


His reply:


I deserve it. I still haven’t made it on campus. If the printer still needs some maintenance I’ll take care of it.

XXXXXXXX

Not exactly an apology but, he did take responsibility. I guess I'll give him a call next week.

All in all it was a good Friday. Have a good week end.

Publish Post

3 comments:

  1. I do LOVE your red shoes!!

    We love you too!

    Meghan and Faith Anne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy!

    Your wonderful daughter gave me the info about your blog and I am loving it! Now I can keep up with you from way down here in Florida.
    Love your red shoes!

    Kristy D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Joy,

    Your email conversation cracked me up! Reminds me of a few I've had!

    ReplyDelete