Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy Happy 2009

My 2009 Resolutions: NONE. I don't make them. Too much pressure.

I am trying, and have been for the past few years, to be more aware of all the wonderful people/things/places/animals in my life that I have to be thankful for. It was suggested to me by one of "the nine", story for another blog, to do as "the nine" do every Monday and share my Top 5 from my Thankful List. Here it is:

1) Tom, AKA: my knight in shining armor, my husband, my high school sweetheart, my best friend, my lover, the father of my girls, my personal cook, my dream keeper, and the list goes on and on. Thank you for the comfort in knowing that I'll always have you.......till death do we part.

2) Meghan and Hannah, AKA: my girls, my little girls, my children, my granddogs' moms, my future, the mothers of any of my future grandchildren, aunts to those same future grandchildren, etc. etc. etc. Two of the most amazing, beautiful, thoughtful, inspiring young ladies on this planet. Thank you. You each give me many reasons to be proud to call you mine!

3) Simplicity, this simple word has brought so much to my life in 2008. Peace, happiness, quiet, comfort, stillness, love. I feel it has opened my heart and mind to so many possibilities. Simplify! It's a great way to live.

4) GOOD Friends, AKA: Denise and Lillie, friends you can count on, friends who are there before you even know you need them, friends who care, love, share, cry, laugh, hate, wonder and simply live life with you. Thank you both for being true GOOD friends.

5) Dazi, AKA: the princess, my baby, Tom's dog, a true companion. She barged into our lives at a time when I was not ready for her. She was patient. She loved me even though I was slow to return that love. She taught me to keep my heart open because you never know when or in what form love might leap in.

That was easy and fun. But I have lots more that I am thankful for; home, work, my mom and dad, my sister, my brothers, traveling, baseball, and much more. So if it's OK with "the nine", I'll borrow their idea and my future Sunday posts will be my thankful list. Thanks girls!

More thanks to BEAT for her blog, Curbside Conference, what an inspiration.


Publish Post

1 comment:

  1. Momma,

    I'm not sure if you know, but Meghan and I are also extremely proud to have you and Daddy as parents. I still don't know how we were born so lucky. :)

    I believe I will go make a thankful list as well. ...perhaps even start one of these blog thingies. :)

    Love You,
    the youngest

    ReplyDelete